Tons of stuff happens daily in veterinary practice that cracks us up. Client quotes, anal gland mishaps, and diarrhea disasters...let's laugh!Inquire here Make me laugh!
Anonymous said: Question: is the ebola presidential speech cat having a seizure/Feline Hyperesthesia Syndrome?
I don’t think so, this looks like the biting/lip-licking response some cats have when you scratch their butts. It’s almost a given if a cat has a flea infestation, but some cats do it any time you touch their butt, it’s just their little quirk!
Feline Hyperesthesia Syndrome is incredibly painful and the cat would be in much more distress. Typically the cat attacks itself or tries to run away from the pain which is sad, though there are occasional reports of cats redirecting and attacking whatever else happens to be nearby. I’m not too familiar with focal seizures in cats, but this cat doesn’t appear disoriented at all.
So I was thinking about how we all have those names we would never give to our children because of our interactions with people in the past with the same name. But isn’t this so much worse for those of us in the animal world? We have a vast pool of patients to add to these kinds of connotations. In general, I can’t help but laugh when I hear the name Max for a human because it’s been the number one dog name for a zillion years now.
But even better would be explaining that ‘we can’t name our child Penelope because a Penelope almost ripped my face off once!’
I copied this list from Dr. Andy Roark’s DVM360 because the site is doing something wonky…collected from our wonderful vet techs, they made me smile from start to finish!
15. It’s the end of the day, and my scrubs are still so clean!
14. I totally do this for the money.
13. It’s best to listen to what your breeder says, no matter what.
12. Please don’t leash your dog in the waiting room. We feel it’s best for all patients to interact freely.
11. No, I don’t want to express that sebaceous cyst.
10. You’re right. He doesn’t need heartworm prevention since he only goes outside to potty.
9. I love the smell of parvo in the morning!
8. I hope a cat bites me today. I need a new scar.
7. Of course I’d be more comfortable with you restraining your pet instead of my experienced co-worker.
6. Please continue to talk on the phone while I try to get the history on your pet.
5. No, thank you. We don’t like homemade cookies and cakes. They sit around for days and go completely to waste.
4. I always get to leave work and take my lunch on time.
3. No, we don’t actually need anesthesia for dental cleanings. Most pets will just open their mouths and say ahh.
2. Yup. It’s puppies and kittens All. Day. Long.
1. I wish our patients were human.
Happy National Vet Tech Week!